It's quite exciting to be thinking this was... perhaps some space in time will open up between deadline deadening and time to think!
The first is a call to BRiC to ask for suggestions on how to cut down 5200 worthy (I think so!) words to add a dozen photos and still be less than 10 pages double spaced.
- easy!
Just use a roll of lining paper for each page, and font size 12, where's the problem?!
Oh, OK, in publishing and downloading pdfs online - how terribly retro! Oops, room for improvement there...
So yes, I need to learn, acquire, beg or borrow some editorial skills somewhere somehow!
And actually that feels incredibly freeing.
So I can only take from this feeling, that, some maturity (as if... magic creatures, old goats, packets of seeds and magnifying glasses, scientist with dowsing rods in their head...) in my writing must have crept in silently in the night
(perhaps on the four day bus trip from Toronto to Vancouver.. or more.. )
in that it would be a joy to pass this 'finished thing'
to someone else and see what stories they would bring
alive by cutting with their knife, to softly underscore.
_ But then I haven't been on the receiving end just yet!
The second, just for the record, is to weave the five presentations I will make/papers write / made/written, this summer, on the Hunter Gatherer, into one overarching commentary. I know the form that takes, and would like to bat and ball along the way of bringing it to birth. We'll see... just seems a moment to take notice and mark with 'um, a change!'
Sunday, 26 June 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment