An off-shoot of the Art and Age video work was the invitation by singing facilitator and multi-talented choir director Fiona Evans to make a quick video promoting the world premier of her Community Messiah. I had just over a week to turn around a piece for youtube, between the last rehearsal of the choirs together and the one-off performance in Salisbury. Here's that video, which had a wonderful effect not of selling tickets (the concert was already a full house!) but of boosting singers' morale and consolidating the rehearsals ready for the big night....
I was so taken with Fiona's aims in re-writing the Messiah for Community Choir, and touched by the singers, their music, welcome and comments, that I made a second longer video piece to act as a legacy of the premiere and an introduction to the work for other choirs wondering whether to take it on. It certainly got me - since listening over again during the editing I've retuned my radio to radio 3 and have started to enjoy choral music - something I'd avoided for years! Not bad from a couple of hours' rehearsal visit on a Saturday afternoon...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment