It's been an interesting experience having a peek at what goes on behind the scenes organising a conference - even though I was remotely involved rather than meeting up in person for the preparations, having been away in Canada over the summer. As DMU representative and Panel Chair I got to read proposals, comment and vote on the abstracts during selection, and then read the full papers before the day. It's also been a worthwhile experience thinking about a panel from the position of chair - how might I use what I've learned as a presenter to make the other panelists welcome and introduce them effectively to the audience, stimulate useful discussion and get the audience involved with Q& A's...
The session was successful and seemed to meet most of those aims by the feedback I received. And an interesting set of papers, I enjoyed listening too, thankyou speakers!
"The programme includes key notes from Stephen Daniels FPA, Professor of Cultural Geography at the University of Nottinghamand Dr Rebecca Madgin, lecturer in European Planning History at the University of Leicester
The 6 parallel sessions are chaired and organised by student chairs and the papers are delivered by research students from the regions universities.
A programme is available to download below."
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment