Links for a rainy day (in need of updating!) ... use side bar tag cloud and archive to navigate.

Thursday, 5 January 2012

Meandering past; or traversing the storm

Driving up from Somerset in the early hours, the A303 was closed with telegraph wires down on both sides of the dual carriageway, and the diversion at Dinton was subject to severe delays due to a tree down across most of the road.

So I found my own diversion and followed the road I had at one time anticipated walking along as an arts project, connecting home there with home here, the remaining Roman route of the Fosse Way.

The closer I got to Leicester the more appealing the signposts (and inappropriate the places to stop to photograph them!) Keeping clear of all the motorway signs and then the A roads too, every small junction was marked with the straightest road to Leicester , Fosse Way. Perhaps I'll walk home again - down hill all the way....

I've decided that 'traversing the landscape' may be more appropriate for my title than 'the ambulant landscape'. I may have started with a gentle amble, but parallel traverse ski and other ways of crossing terrains feels more in keeping with the journey that's led here to now.

No comments:

Post a Comment