again... lots of things I'd like to be keeping better track of, but the focus is not on blog posts at this time!
A few reminders for my own benefit (as is everything on this blog!)
Went to see Werner Herzog's latest, Into the Abyss at Nottingham Broadway on Thursday.
And another film in which death and personalities are in another startling dance with life, Trishna - Hardy's Tess transposed to modern-day India.
Still on the film and cinema theme, but bringing in interaction and pervasive media, I met up with Charlotte Crofts this week to interview her about the Curzon Memories project. I'll be writing that up for the Journal of Cinema launching at Avanca this summer.
i-Docs 2012 at Watershed, 3 weeks ago, was a rich feast with lots to think about, and a useful introduction to Klynt which I propose to use for collating some of the documentation of my PhD practice.
Meetings with supervisors, other research students here at DMU and elsewhere keep things ticking along.
The sun is out after crazy hail and all the rain of the winter (much needed) of the past couple of weeks. And the garden is full of flowers, the yard with herbs and pea-shoots, and the fermenting wine sparkles as it gradually clears.
And there's a lot of work still to do - but surely I must be getting close to the centre of it all! At the moment I'm re-visiting the gathering data of the Hunter Gatherer caches, reading geography books and psychology papers, and remembering to paint for a few minutes in the evening, drink apple and carrot juice, and keep my metaphorical chin up and physical shoulders gently down.
Roll on summer / sabbaticals!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment