Links for a rainy day (in need of updating!) ... use side bar tag cloud and archive to navigate.

Tuesday, 18 January 2011

Update

Lots has been going on, at some time I'll catch up with posts on here.
Meanwhile:

  • There's regular updates on Warp and Woof: durational patterns of my phd studies blog.
  • I'm currently writing up a couple of articles on interactive experimental walks, documentation as an element of live practice and creative methods, from the Working Creatively with Sound and Image research residential at  Dundee Contemporary for the Experimental Research Network's forthcoming online Creative Practice Primer. 
  • Upcoming workshop (rescheduled due to December's snow & ice) at Queen Elizabeth I and Wyggeston College, at Leicester University Road, on Wednesday 19th January with sixth form students responding to the short film I made for the Moving Image Exhibition at Gallery 12, and experimenting with the methods used to respond to the campus environment and map a continuation of the themes of the film.
  • I'll be taking part in Beyond Text: making and unmaking text across performance practices and theories, hosted by research students from Royal Holloway University London. I'm contributing a 45 minute presentation and workshop, developing work with colour grids, environmental response and Clean Language: 
    • Creative Mapping: Interdisciplinary Interests in Making and Unmaking
    • (45 minutes total: 15 minutes intro, 15 minutes activity, 15 minutes discussion)
    • Jackie will introduce creative methods developed as tools in her research: pervasive media theory and practice. We invite your response in this practical exploration of subjective experience, colour grids, metaphor, mapping personal and collective landscapes. Using Grove’s Clean Language we’ll uncover research motivations and playfully reveal our terrain of interests. 
  • And on February 11th I'll be doing a lunchtime talk, with follow on walk and discussion roundtable at the Pervasive Media Studio, Bristol
Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment