Tea and cake is a much better solution - but even the IOCT tea parties are on hold whilst all budget has vanished along with the lovely staff who used to make the tea, coffee and cake actually happen. Hopefully a DIY version can be initiated.
One of the worst things about budget cuts and reorganisation, I think, is the powerlessness that can seemingly manifest. In Athens in the spring I was really struck by a few of the people who I met who were modestly upbeat in the face of huge changes and challenges going on there, commenting to the effect that a positive outcome was finding different, more self-motivated ways of doing things and living that might not have happened before, and the release of the illusion that there was no alternative to the consumerist buy-it-all-now-spend-the-rest-if-your-life-working-to-pay-it-back model.
Maybe we can find a bit of that here?
Inspired by the images of an interactive Thai Buffet that I was shown at Nottingham Uni last week, the thought of coffee morning-style interaction around and with the table got me interested...
(I've just been looking into resurrecting the PRSA coffee mornings as a social and networking space for DMU's postgrad students too.)
So back to tea and cake.... and I was thinking along the lines of an interactive tea and cake table, but this takes the biscuit:
An experiment in making a QR code from oreo biscuits... brilliant! It works too...
[Thanks to Veroniki, from Athens, for posting this. Maybe we can do an international collaboration to research the local specialities in other scannable edibles!]
And more at:
http://designerqrcodes.wordpress.com/designer-qr-code-art-gallery/


No comments:
Post a Comment