Links for a rainy day (in need of updating!) ... use side bar tag cloud and archive to navigate.

Wednesday, 6 October 2010

Am I feeling lucky?

Yes! Because the faculty research board has just today awarded me funding to attend the International Clean Conference in London later this month, great news!
So in response to a small section in the latest CleanChange e-mailout, I have answered their question in exactly the 200 words allocated, and sent it in for a chance at winning a subsidised ticket, which would make the bursary stretch further leaving me comfortably less out-of -pocket!
We'll see.....

What Draws Me to Clean?


What I love about the experience of Clean is that I can draw my own picture that communicates everything I need to know, without the need to explain it or turn it into other people's words. As I am facilitated on my journey I feel ripples of movement, find things along the way that catch my imagination and enrich my understanding of me.
Creating my own pictures, I feel traces of my routes, my roots. I draw my own conclusions in my inner language: multidimensional metaphors.

Clean and noninvasive is the way I aspire to work.

As a practicing artist, facilitator and PhD researcher, Clean partners my intention to open a space where others may become aware of their own positioning, a unique relationship within the landscape of their environment (literally - with satellite tracking, pervasive media, participatory user-generated content; metaphorically - as a creative and potentially transformative opportunity for the individual and the community via re-presented reflections).

Clean also touches my former work with archetype, narratology and therapeutic processes of alternative reality journeying: imagery that allows a story to unfold, realisations to occur, easily arriving in a forward-looking place of cohesion and synthesis.

I am excited to learn more!

1 comment:

  1. Lucky, yes! Just heard today that I was successful,
    'The quality of the entries was very high - and really inspiring and heart-warming - and the judges didn’t entirely agree on which were to be awarded the places, so decision-making hasn’t been simple, but you have a place - well done!' - great news.

    ReplyDelete